Throughout the project we have been committed to creating a place for everyone; a place which is open and accessible to all, and a stadium with purpose at it’s core. Stadium for Bath will continue this by providing a community and social legacy.
A PLACE FOR THE COMMUNITY
- 2,500 sqft of classroom space for our Development Academy providing tailored education solutions for those Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEETs), ‘pre-NEETs’ and other children and young adults struggling with mainstream education.
- Chef Academy focusing on those generally graduating from our Development Academy and typically having social needs, using our spare BOH kitchen capacity to provide a chef qualification.
- Apprenticeships covering Operations, Commercial, Catering, Hospitality.
- 3,000 sqft of non-matchday workspace for charities and not-for-profit organisations struggling with city rents or finding space elsewhere in the city.
- Provision of playing surface for community use with support in terms of changing room facilities.
A PLACE FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS
- Overnight EV charging for local residents
- City centre EV hub in Bath’s greenest car park supports Clean Air Zone objectives and reduces Bath and North East Somerset Council’s costs.
- Cycle Club provision of 150 cycle rack spaces and shower/ changing facilities.
- Wellness and participation strategy aligned with Bath and North East Somerset Council’s and Sport England.
- Car parking outside historic core, pedestrianisation and economic vitality.
- Clean and green design opportunities in core design.
A PLACE WHICH INSPIRES
Having a Premiership rugby team, and hopefully a Championship-winning side, in the heart of the city is unique and should be a source of pride for all.
A PLACE FOR THE CITY’S ECONOMY
- £31m incremental GVA in Bath and North East Somerset from construction.
- £10m incremental GVA p.a for the city, total of £1.5bn over the life of the lease.
- 565 FTE jobs created in total (breakdown below):
- 420 FTE in construction
- 30 FTE within Bath Rugby
- 95 FTE within Stadium for Bath’s retail and leisure offerings
- 20 FTE casual employment opportunities
A PLACE FOR EVERYONE
- Riverside regeneration and new riverside placemaking.
- Working towards the removal of the radial gate.
- Provision of public access toilets 365 days a year including ‘Changing Places’ designated accessibility toilet and changing facility.