DESIGN YOUR OWN STADIUM COMPETITION
6th March 2018
March sees the launch of the Stadium for Bath Design Your Own Stadium primary school competition, offering pupils from the age of 4-11 the chance to win a Bath Rugby replica shirt every month from April to June.
Furthermore, in June winning entries will be submitted to an expert judging panel where overall winner for each age category will be decided.
Winning designs will then made into a 3D MODEL by Stadium for Bath’s lead architect Grimshaw. This is a money can’t buy prize that will allow your dream stadium design to become a (model) reality.
How to get Involved
We want you to design a new stadium. If you’re feeling creative, you can design a new riverside area too.
All you need to do is get hold of an entry form and let your imagination run wild.
You can post a large A3 self-addressed envelope to Stadium for Bath Primary Schools Competition, Farleigh House, Farleigh Hungerford, Nr Bath, BA2 7RW – we will then post a form back to you.
You can collect a form from the Bath Rugby Ticket Office or Bath Rugby Retail Shop on Argyle Street or you can download your entry form here.
The Bath Rugby Community Team are also delivering forms to schools taking part in the Aviva Tackling by Numbers programme.
All entries will need to be coloured in and include a detailed description of your design and all of its special features. You can write this on the back of the entry form.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted either by post to Stadium for Bath Primary Schools Competition, Farleigh House, Farleigh Hungerford, Nr Bath, BA2 7RW. The closing date for entries is 31st May 2018.
Judges will be considering the following overall criteria:
History and Heritage Bath is a UNESCO World-Heritage Site. Judges will be looking for entries that take this into account. Can you create a modern design that compliments or highlights our rich heritage?
Our Neighbours The Rec is surrounded by neighbours, how can you make sure the new stadium works in harmony with them? Their main concerns are noise coming out of the stadium.
Innovation and the Future What gives your stadium the ‘cool factor’? We want to uncover new ideas, so be as creative as you can and be sure to tell all about your ideas.
Community How does your stadium help the community? We want to see how you will create a building that is more than just a stadium, what can it do to help people? This could be with facilities or something else. The design is all yours so think really hard as you never know, it could happen.
Riverside Can you also have a go at designing a new riverside? As part of the Stadium for Bath project, we think there is a really cool opportunity to make the riverside around the Rec really beautiful. What would you create?
Environment Is your stadium environmentally friendly? Have you thought about energy, water use or wildlife? Is it made from sustainable materials?
The Fine Print
Design a colourful stadium using your imagination and each month we’ll pick a winner from each of the different age categories.
- 4 years old to 6 years old
- 7 years old to 9 years old
- 10 years old to 11 years old
If you are picked as a monthly winner you will receive a blue, black and white replica shirt.
The completion will run each month from 1st March 2018 – 31st May 2018. Winners will be then be announced in April, May and June.
Ts & Cs
- It is not possible to return your entries once you have submitted them.
- All pupils from primary schools independent, academy or part of the Local Authority within the area of Bath and North East Somerset and Wiltshire are eligible to enter the competition and will be eligible to win the competition prize.
- If your primary school is not entering, you are able to enter as an individual.
- In June once all monthly competitions have taken place, the nine winning entries (three from each age category) will be submitted to a judging panel and an overall winner will be decided by an expert panel including an architect on the Stadium for Bath project and a legendary Blue, Black and White player.
Your design will be made into a 3D model by Stadium for Bath’s lead architect Grimshaw
This is a money can’t buy prize that will allow your design to become a reality.
Monthly Competition Prize
There are three prizes to be won each month as follows:
- Junior Replica Shirt – Age Category – 4-6
- Junior Replica Shirt – Age Category – 7-9
- Junior Replica Shirt – Age Category – 10-11
- No responsibility is accepted by Bath Rugby or Stadium for Bath for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or which cannot be entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
- Winners will be required to take part in promotional activity, including the publication of photos of winning entries online and in print publications by Stadium for Bath and its partners, and the entrant hereby agrees and consents to such participation without additional compensation.
- Stadium for Bath exclude liability for any damage, loss, liabilities, or disappointment incurred or suffered by any entrant as a result of entering the competition.
- Entry into the competition is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Names of the prize winners will be available online at stadiumforbath.com
Judging process and winner selection:
- Entries for the ‘Design Your Own Stadium’ competition must be submitted either by post to: Stadium for Bath Primary Schools Competition, Farleigh House, Farleigh Hungerford, Nr Bath, BA2 7RW or in person to an official competition entry point. These include: The Official Bath Rugby Ticket Office and The Bath Rugby Retail Shop on Argyle Street or to a member of the Bath Rugby Community Team.
- Following the monthly winners, an expert panel of judges will choose one overall winner from each age category (there will be a maximum of nine finalists in total, three from each category). The finalists will then be invited to participate in a promotional event in June which will take place at the Rec, the date is to be confirmed.
- At the winners day, an overall winner for each category will be announced. The winners will receive a 3D model of their design created by Grimshaw
- The panel of judges, which shall include one judge independent of Stadium for Bath, will be appointed by Stadium for Bath. The judges’ decision shall be final and Stadium for Bath will not enter into any discussion or correspondence concerning the results.
- Stadium for Bath may change the advertised panel of expert judges in the event of circumstances outside of their control.
- Stadium for Bath is the project that brings together Bath Rugby, Bath Rugby Foundation and Arena 1865.